Saturday, March 21, 2015

Where There is a Will There IS a Way!

So one of my biggest worries with my daughter was that she'd have her arm just hanging there her whole life.... I'm a therapist and I've seen kids adapt even in the most horrible circumstances to over come any "disability." I wasn't necessarily worried about my daughter's health as much as "what would other people think of her?" Especially other kids. I know kids can be mean, I dealt with it in school and I don't want that for her. I also don't want her to ever feel left out or think she can't do the same things as other kids. I have ALWAYS believed, where there is a will there is a way and I want her to believe that too! 

As strong willed, stubborn, and determined as she already is I don't foresee that being a problem but I still worry. 

What have your kids have to overcome? Are they treated differently? How did you handle it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment