Thursday, April 2, 2015

Tub & Bath Time

My daughter LOVES bath time and it's a perfect opportunity to get those arms moving! I let the faucet run and she reaches up to play with the water using both arms! She loves to scoop and dump which works on grasp and getting the palm to face up (supination). She also reaches to dump water over bath toys. Splashing is always a fun game and I usually let her go crazy! We save old soap containers and work on squeezing the water out or use squirting toys. I also encourage her to lather up her hair. We call it "squishy squish" and she has worked really hard on being able to get that hand behind her head to wash her hair. Lotion afterwards she really enjoys and we work on supination again. I get her to rotate her wrist so that palm faces up before I squirt lotion in it. She does sometimes need help. The one thing I have learned is that repetition is important for BPI kiddos. I've found personally the more we incorporate into everyday routines, the more progress we see. So make 'em work during bath time! They think they're just playing anyways! 

We also do swim lessons at our local community center. 

ALWAYS MAKE SURE TO SUPERVISE YOUR KIDS IN THE TUB! ☺️

No comments:

Post a Comment