Sunday, March 1, 2015

Can We Possibly Buy Anymore Toys??

Gosh WE bought everything! Anything I thought may help her move we purchased! Some of my favorites were the activity mats that had hanging toys. One of the ones we had, had rings at the end of it. Since infants have a primitive grasping reflex, and Ardyn (our daughter) had functional movement in her hand, I would hook her hand in the loops so she had to hold it off the floor. 

We also did lots and lots of tummy time. Weight bearing through shoulders is a great way to send input to the joints. Like most babies, my daughter wasn't a huge fan. We had to do short spurts (maybe 5 minutes) at first and build up to longer times as she began to tolerate more. Make a schedule or set a goal to do this a few times a day! I feel that weight bearing really helped us!!! We also set up the changing table in her room like this:
Each time I changed her, besides doing exercises, I made her touch the toy (blue, pink, and green hippo here). I think we had one with rings too that was a little bigger that made crinkle noises. When she started gaining more movement in her arm, she would reach for it herself which helped promote extension and external rotation. 

1 comment:

  1. What has everyone else used? Anything they thought helped???

    ReplyDelete